Healthspace mapping tool
- Interactive maps
- Graphs, charts and data tables
- Interactive population pyramids for regions
- A wide range of health and population topics, including environmental health, child health and Māori health.
Healthspace will be useful for anyone wanting to access and visualise public health data, from students to health policy-makers. It is an open access website.
With Healthspace, you can explore interactive maps at different geographic levels, including:
- regional council
- district health board
- local council (territorial authority)
- census area unit.
You can compare data from different regions in New Zealand with:
- single maps
- double maps (comparing two different sets of data)
All data displayed on Healthspace is from publically available sources.
A wide range of health and population data is available on Healthspace. Examples of maps and data you can explore on the Healthspace website include:
- Environmental Health indicators - Environmental Health Indicators index page
- Hauora online - Maori health statistics
- socioeconomic deprivation - New Zealand Index of Deprivation (NZDep2013)
- New Zealand Health Survey - NZHS adult data and NZHS child data
- population pyramids for territorial authorities, district health boards and regional councils.
For the full range of data and statistics available, visit the Healthspace homepage
If you have any questions about Healthspace, email Caroline Fyfe.