EHINZ 10-year anniversary
The Environmental Health Indicators team proudly celebrated ten years of the EHI Programme at Massey University at a well-attended function on 11 March 2020.
The guest speakers were:
- Deborah Woodley, Deputy Director-General, Population Health and Prevention, Ministry of Health
- Professor Jane Mills, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, College of Health, Massey University
- Emeritus Professor David Briggs, Imperial College, London
- Professor Jeroen Douwes, Director, Center for Public Health Research, Massey University
- to the speakers for their generous compliments, and enthusiastic support and encouragement over the past ten years.
- to the Ministry of Health for continuing to be the EHI Programme's primary funder.
- to, on behalf of all New Zealand, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health (who had given his apologies for not being able to attend the function) for his outstanding leadership of the COVID-19 issue. He has presented a calm, comforting reassurance with the right blend of communication, medical knowledge and empathy.
- to Sally Gilbert, Manager, Environmental and Border Health, in the Ministry of Health. She was also unable to be present due to the Ministry’s COVID-19 response. Undoubtedly, Sally has been the EHI’s champion in the Ministry with her wholehearted enthusiasm and support for the Programme.
- to Frances Graham and her great support and contribution to the EHI Programme as Contract Manager in the initial years until she moved to Melbourne.
- to the current and former staff of the EHI Programme. Barry said: “We are only here today celebrating because of your outstanding high quality work, passion and commitment to the EHI Progamme.”